Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!! English 2016 OL P1 & P2 - Discussion / aftermath

Options
  • 08-06-2016 3:40am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just to try and keep the place tidy / save us from 37 "What did you think of ..." threads. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭nerobert

I thought it was a grand paper overall. I answered question A on the first text and B on the third. The theme was a bit boring this year though on past papers I was genuinely interested in reading some of the texts. There was good choice on the composing too. I answered the question about living on Mars. Overall I'm happy enough with how it went.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭DownOneTourist

I did the same as nerobert but I am worried that I did not engage enough description in the mars question

I did the same as nerobert but I am worried that I did not engage enough description in the mars question

I wouldn't worry too much about it, it's an ordinary level subject plus you have another exam tomorrow so I wouldn't say it would affect your points a whole lot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Regarding p2 What happens if you don't learn quotes off. Is there much emphasis on for o level. I know the general 2 or 3 for my play, novel and movie but thats about it

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ConorD21

Do you lose marks if you dont adds quotes in to your comparative and your single text answers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭aon1998

for HL you don't lose any for the comparative. I presume it's the same for OL

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Elizabeth118

I didn't have enough time in the comparative section I had to leave out the 40 mark question on the comparative to say I'm gutted is an understatement.. Has anyone done this before or know of someone who did it and still got a good grade?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Various threads merged.

I didn't have enough time in the comparative section I had to leave out the 40 mark question on the comparative to say I'm gutted is an understatement.. Has anyone done this before or know of someone who did it and still got a good grade?

I kinda messed it up in the mocks and got a B so you should be alright

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Elizabeth118

nerobert wrote: »
    I kinda messed it up in the mocks and got a B so you should be alright

But did you attempt the second part of the question or was it blank ?

• Advertisement

But did you attempt the second part of the question or was it blank ?

I attempted it but it wouldn't even be worth calling an attempt I made a pure hash of it wouldn't have been worth much marks at all

Advertisement