Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tippex

Options
  • 07-06-2016 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Should I use a mouse or a pen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭TooMuchWork

Neither. Can't get marks for something you tippex'd out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

don't use tipex, just cross stuff out as you see fit. As my posts probably demonstrate, I'm extremely indecisive and I ended up crossing out huge chunks of writing and even a whole paragraph in the poetry section. Just focus on content, don't mind all of this ****e about drawing margins and writing quotes in different colours. The examiners aren't stupid, they can look past trivial stuff.n

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭luftmensch

If you do happen to use it, the mouse would be best. Anything but the bottle really, it takes to long to dry.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I will be amazed if you do not do like so many others, Tippex something out with the intention of going back and fixing it, but forget to.

Such a PITA when you're correcting and instead of a keyword or a name or an answer, all you see is a white blob. Just put a line through it and immediately fill in your replacement answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

Genuinely do not bother with tippex. It's more stress than its worth. Just cross it out

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

MomijiHime wrote: »
    Should I use a mouse or a pen?

Neither, for all the reasons mentioned above and also because it can spread / stick to the facing page.

It's also much quicker to just cross something out, and time is precious, especially in English.

I don't think there is an experienced corrector in the country who would advise a candidate to be messing around with Tippex.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Don't bring Tippex into the exam. Put a line through it and keep going. The examiner won't care about your wrong answer. They'll only be correcting your replacement answer. Also if you make a mistake and realise that what you tippexed out was correct, you'll spend a lot of time rewriting the answer.

Same goes for the students who spend god knows how long obliterating their answer with a biro. It's a waste of time and the examiner doesn't care. As is often the case, the student doesn't give a replacement answer. If that's the case and the crossed out answer is the only answer you give, it can still be corrected. But not if the examiner can't read it.

Advertisement