Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need some advice SSD or Hybrid

Options
  • 07-06-2016 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Afternoon,

I'm in the market for a new laptop and I'd set myself a budget of around 600 max and I've come up with these 2

HP-Pavilion-14-B006SA-C5R78EA from amazon.co.uk

or a refurb touchscreen
    hp-pavilion-x360-13-s052sa from luzern tech

apologies, but cant post links

which represents better bang for buck or is there anything better out there for similar price.

Thanks in advance, much obliged

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Is that the Amazon one?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-Pavilion-14-B006SA-C5R78EA-Graphics/dp/B00A927YB2

Looks terrible to me. It's got to be a few years old at this point.

https://www.luzerntech.com/eu/refurbished/hp-pavilion-x360-13-s052sa-13-3-laptop-core-i5-5200u-2-2-ghz-8gb-ram-128gb-ssd.html

I presume that's the other one? I don't know how much I'd trust Luzerntech, but I don't have any experience with them myself. So you'll need to do a bit of research. The laptop looks fine, but the 128GB storage is very limited. Although it being an SSD is a plus since it should make it very fast for most ordinary tasks.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭salomon

Is that the Amazon one?

[

Looks terrible to me. It's got to be a few years old at this point.

I presume that's the other one? I don't know how much I'd trust Luzerntech, but I don't have any experience with them myself. So you'll need to do a bit of research. The laptop looks fine, but the 128GB storage is very limited. Although it being an SSD is a plus since it should make it very fast for most ordinary tasks.

yep, thats them alright. the space wouldnt be that much of an issue as I tend to stream rather than download stuff and all my music, photos and vids are on the cloud anyway.

Thanks for the input, much appreciated

Advertisement