Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zenbook v MacBook air

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

893bet wrote: »
    How does the below compare with a MacBook Air.

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/UX305FA(ms)-FC218T-ASUS-ZenBook-UX305-in-White_1871687.html

Just picked one up in currys for 469 in a clearance sale

They don't compare, the main comparable product Apple sell would be the Apple Macbook (the 12.1" super thin one). It compares well, and is a great buy for the money you got it for (€469 for those unaware).

The Macbook Air in it's current generation is shite anyway. It hasn't received any significant updates in the last years and falls behind it's competitors in screen quality and even size.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭893bet

They don't compare, the main comparable product Apple sell would be the Apple Macbook (the 12.1" super thin one). It compares well, and is a great buy for the money you got it for (€469 for those unaware).

The Macbook Air in it's current generation is shite anyway. It hasn't received any significant updates in the last years and falls behind it's competitors in screen quality and even size.

Good stuff! Glad to hear that. I was saving for a MacBook Pro but at almost 1500 for entry level (which I know would be a lot better than the zen book) it is just too much.

I think Limerick still have 10 available but much of the rest of the country are sold out. A

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

893bet wrote: »
    Good stuff! Glad to hear that. I was saving for a MacBook Pro but at almost 1500 for entry level (which I know would be a lot better than the zen book) it is just too much.

I think Limerick still have 10 available but much of the rest of the country are sold out. A

The thing is, your Asus is severely underpowered compared to a Macbook Pro, they don't even compare. So if you needed the Pro for photo/video work, then it could still be the better option. The Asus just isn't meant for that kind of work, even if it was a good deal.

Advertisement