Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoes too big.

Options
  • 07-06-2016 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Recently bought a pair of runners online. I usually wear a UK 8.5 - 9. The shop only had a 9 but it fits more like a 9.5. Whats the best way of making them fit better i.e pushing my foot more towards the toe of the shoe? Insoles or something else?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

It really depends on the type of shoe.

If its a fully closed in shoe then an insole will usually do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Oh yeah, didn't realise that'd make a difference. They're actually runners. Nike Roshes. I was thinking maybe those heel protector pads you can get in chemists either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Generally I find a pair of odor eaters does the trick with what you describe, and no harm to have in runners either!

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Thicker socks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Thicker socks

I usually wear them with shorts in the gym etc so only wear ankle socks which I don't think you can generally get thick pairs of. I'll try the oder eaters idea though. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I say send them back. You can send anything back within the first ten days for a refund. You'll probably get them somewhere else over the summer in one of the sales in the proper size.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

These are marketed more towards women, but they could help if insoles don't: http://www.shoesizers.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 39 CassieLyons

Insoles plus the heel pads should work. I have seen thicker socks that are ankle length but they are very very warm. Also, try tightening the laces as tight as you can, it will help them not slip as much.

Advertisement