Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double tongue piercing

Options
  • 04-06-2016 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

I'm mad to get my tongue pierced I think I'll go ahead now and bite the bullet - have these mad piercing notions at the moment only just got my nose repierced at the weekend as it had closed up from years ago! Quick question does the tongue hurt?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Nope, slides right through. Eating hurts for about 2 weeks after. It's the easiest piercing to heal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

Of all the piercings I've had, I found my tongue hurt the least to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Of all the piercings I've had, I found my tongue hurt the least to get.

I'd love to know what piercings you have had done! Just for ideas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

One of my easiest piercings too. Second time round, eating wasn't so bad, but first time was bad for about a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

pinkstars wrote: »
    I'd love to know what piercings you have had done! Just for ideas!

Double lobes, rook, tragus, belly button rejected.

• Advertisement

Just wondering if anyone might have this done and the cost it might be also please? Many thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Mine was fine to get done but was a pain in the arse the following 2 weeks with regards to eating and getting used to it. Had it the last 6 years or so now with no issues.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Are you thinking of these (sometimes called venom bites)

7e84516f3688ec82f12f4b11df30b442.jpg

or one in front of each other?

Now it's been years since I looked into these but if you're thinking of venom bites from what I've read they're very difficult to heal so do some research into them before you go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I've had my tongue pierced twice, one in front of the other so not venom bites. Just make sure you go to a really good piercer as if it's one in front of the other it's extremely hard to get symmetrical, was for me anyway.

Well I went and got the Venom Bites done as well as getting my Daith pierced. That's it for a while now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Further back the tongue you go the worse it is, the third one in a line for me sucked

Further back the tongue you go the worse it is, the third one in a line for me sucked

I'm in absolute agony today - I can't even go to work.

I frantically tried to get both piercings out this morning. Woke up covered in blood. Had to ring work for a day off today. Will I ever learn? At 35 you'd think I'd know better.

you got two muscle piercings then decided **** it ill get me ear done too. Hardly surprising!

Is there really any need for multiple threads about a tongue piercing. we get it, you got a tongue piercing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Is there really any need for multiple threads about a tongue piercing. we get it, you got a tongue piercing

Two

Thanks for the help

Cheers for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

On a more serious note... If the piercings are bleeding heavily, either visit you peircer straight away, or take them out. I've never had a piercing other than my ear, but I believe the tongue heals quite quickly, so bear with it if you can.

• Advertisement

You were previously advised to wait to get more piercings after your last batch, and you went and got three more. What do you expect, your body has been through a trauma, of course it's gonna hurt. Add on to the fact that you already have piercings trying to heal. You now have multiple wounds your body is trying to heal. You should have waited.

Go see a piercer straight away and leave them alone. Like I mentioned in the other thread double tongue piercings are difficult to heal and require lots of aftercare and thought before getting them done, they're not the same as a single one. As adiboo mentioned your body is also under a lot of stress trying to heal multiple piercings at once. You should try and take the advice offered to you here as it's coming from people with a good bit of experience in piercing.

Pickstars, were you given any advise from your piercer in relation to the impact of multiple piercings? I got a double lobe piercing and helix on the same ear at the same time. Just took them out at the weekend as had to get an operation. Aside from this they weren't healing. No infection, but body constantly working too hard to heal with constant lymph fluid production 6 months later. It is a big challenge for your body, so thread carefully. Go back to your piercer for advise, if this was the same one who gave you multiple piercings over a short period of time, i'd go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Merged the three threads on this.

Wouldn't wish that on anyone PinkStars. Can't recommend anything other than get to a good piercer and get it looked at ASAP if you haven't already. Unfortunately, this kind of thing does happen when you push your body's healing capabilities too hard, but I think it's just going to be one of those painful lessons! Hope it heals up alright for you.

Well with a pliers I whipped both out of my tongue id say I now need stitches!!!

Well with a pliers I whipped both out of my tongue id say I now need stitches!!!

Why would you do that??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Seriously?

Christ. You should never get a piercing again.

Advertisement