Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Cordoba/Ibiza wiring diagram

Options
  • 07-06-2016 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 02 Seat Cordoba?

Had a an issue with the backlight of the instrument cluster coming on/flickering even with the ignition off and key out. The TCPS warning light was also very faintly flickering. Had to disconnect the battery so it wouldn't go flat.

Checked all fuses are OK and confirmed there is no parasitic draw. Removed the instrument cluster and headlight switch assembly to check there is no visible issue with the wiring.

After removing both, I noticed the front passenger side parking light was on as well as the rear light on passenger side. Again, no key in ignition and ignition turned off.

I got the following voltages with ignition off & key out:

Green connector (instrument Cluster)
    Pin 7 0.13V
    Pin 8 0.13V
    Pin 10 12V

Black connector (instrument Cluster)
    Pin 7 12V

Black connector (Headlight Switch)
    Pin 13 12V
    Pin 15 12V

A few photos attached. Thanks for the help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Is it a Mk1 or Mk2 Cordoba? Both were made in 2002.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

shietpilot wrote: »
    Is it a Mk1 or Mk2 Cordoba? Both were made in 2002.

The newer Mk2 model

Pin 15 on the headlight switch is power straight from the battery positive terminal
    Pin 13 on the headlight switch is a switched 12V line at the headlight switch which is supposed to turn on when you flick the switch. It runs to the instrument cluster and side lights, tail lights etc.

Either the cable from pin 13 has shorted to a 12V line or the headlight switch is faulty?

Pin 15 on the headlight switch is power straight from the battery positive terminal
    Pin 13 on the headlight switch is a switched 12V line at the headlight switch which is supposed to turn on when you flick the switch. It runs to the instrument cluster and side lights, tail lights etc.

Either the cable from pin 13 has shorted to a 12V line or the headlight switch is faulty?

I'd have to assume a short, as the passenger side parking lights are on with the headlight switch physically disconnected from the connector.

kkelly77 wrote: »
    I'd have to assume a short, as the passenger side parking lights are on with the headlight switch physically disconnected from the connector.

Most likely! Pin 14 on the headlamp switch connector brings 12V to the driver side parking lights. I would assume if it was the headlight switch that both sides would be on.

• Advertisement

Most likely! Pin 14 on the headlamp switch connector brings 12V to the driver side parking lights. I would assume if it was the headlight switch that both sides would be on.

Any chance you have a PDF for the Pin 13 wiring so I can start tracing it for the fault?

kkelly77 wrote: »
    Any chance you have a PDF for the Pin 13 wiring so I can start tracing it for the fault?

There you go buddy: http://dev.povilas.ovh/cordoba_lighting_system.pdf

The light switch is marked S3 on the diagram.

Try to remove Fuse 7 on the diagram and then check the instrument cluster. If the short is between the fuse and the passenger headlight/tail light the instrument cluster will stop lighting when you remove the fuse. If the instrument cluster remains lighting and the parking lights go off then you know the short is between the fuse, cluster or light switch.

There you go buddy: http://dev.povilas.ovh/cordoba_lighting_system.pdf

The light switch is marked S3 on the diagram.

Thanks for that Shietpilot.

Time to go look for a good deal on a wire tracer now ;)

So in typical electrical troubleshooting style, nothing went as expected :rolleyes:

With ignition off & key out, I reconnected the instrument panel and the headlight switch, reconnected the battery and the front/rear passenger lights did not come on, which is what was happening yesterday.

However, the original issue of the instrument cluster backlight and TCPS warning light flickering happened again.

I pulled fuse 7 and there was no change. I don't have an owners manual so I can't confirm if all the fuses are correct rating and in the correct position. I've attached a photo of the fuses and fuse card. For example, the 5A fuse in position 16 shouldn't even be there - no heated seats plus the fuse is sitting loose as there is no connection in that position.

I disconnected the headlight assembly and tried just using each instrument cluster terminal one at a time. The backlight flickering has stopped but the warning light is still flickering.

I know if I put everything back together the instrument cluster will probably start flickering again. Must find the source of the problem :mad:

I wonder if the issue is with the instrument cluster itself?

• Advertisement

Just to update the thread - The car was back to the local mechanic a couple of times.

The first visit was to replace the instrument cluster but this didn't fix the issue. The second time was to replace the electrical control module. This also didn't fix the issue.

Does anyone have a PDF or some documentation where all the grounding points for this vehicle are? I'd like to check these myself. Thanks.

Advertisement