Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving manhole?

Options
  • 07-06-2016 7:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi I would like to build an extension out my back garden but unfortunately I have a manhole right where I would like the extension to be it is a shared manhole in that its services all of the houses on my block.

Has anybody come across this and had it moved did you get the council to do it or was your own builders able to do it? Did you have any problem with Dublin city council to get permission? The extension itself won't need planning permission as such but I assume I would need permission from them to move the manhole and built over the piping et cetera? Anybody with experience in this regard would be really really helpful I was told I could have it built over and just have a special sealed manhole but I really don't like the idea of it being in my house!
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement