Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mig Welder

Options
  • 06-06-2016 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any place in Waterford that has a mig welder i just need to get an exhaust done

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Anyone know of any place in Waterford that has a mig welder i just need to get an exhaust done

I can't help, but oxy-acetylene would be handier for welding an exhaust. Any tyre/exhaust centre would do a small job if you asked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

pablo128 wrote: »
    I can't help, but oxy-acetylene would be handier for welding an exhaust. Any tyre/exhaust centre would do a small job if you asked.

I had it in Advance and was told it needs a mig welder and its something they dont have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

I had it in Advance and was told it needs a mig welder and its something they dont have

Ok without seeing the part needing to be welded I can't be 100%. I've worked in a couple of tyre places, including Advance, and gas welding is more suited to exhausts because there's less chance of blowing holes in light metal.

Hopefully someone else can help you out.

Advertisement