Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fire alarm system

Options
  • 06-06-2016 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

I am planning to go abroad for a couple a months and rent my house to students. I was wondering if there is a fire alarm system that can send me a message to my mobile phone when there is a danger of fire at my place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

You can hook up smoke detectors to your burglar alarm. That way if you have a GSM unit you will get notified if the smoke heads are activated. Might save you money in the long run rather than installing a stand alone fire alarm system

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭mille100piedi

Luckysasha wrote: »
    You can hook up smoke detectors to your burglar alarm. That way if you have a GSM unit you will get notified if the smoke heads are activated. Might save you money in the long run rather than installing a stand alone fire alarm system

there are lots of security cameras where I live and I am more concern about tenants living unattended a candle then burglary.
    Some of my neighbours have burglar alarms and it is really annoying because they switch on often

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I am planning to go abroad for a couple a months and rent my house to students. I was wondering if there is a fire alarm system that can send me a message to my mobile phone when there is a danger of fire at my place?

If you are abroad and your property goes on fire what would you do about it?
    It may be better to think about installing a system that will contact the fire services automatically.

Anyway to answer your question on of these Nest devices will do what you require:

https://nest.com/ie/smoke-co-alarm/meet-nest-protect/

Easy to install and set up too (assuming you have broadband).

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭mille100piedi

2011 wrote: »
    If you are abroad and your property goes on fire what would you do about it?
    It may be better to think about installing a system that will contact the fire services automatically.

Anyway to answer your question on of these Nest devices will do what you require:

https://nest.com/ie/smoke-co-alarm/meet-nest-protect/

Easy to install and set up too (assuming you have broadband).

I can call my neighbour or my tenants to check if everything is alright.

Thank you for the link, this is what I was looking for!

Advertisement