Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Susi-Student Contribution Charge or Maintenance Fee

Options
  • 06-06-2016 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Are there any cases within which SUSI will pay for both the Student Contribution charge and also maintenance fee. Income in my family is about €22,000 a year so woulld it be possible for me to get both or is it always one or the other.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

no if your income is about €22,000 you would be eligible for 100% student contribution fees and 100% maintenance

if that income also includes an eligible payment for the special rate of grant you could be eligible for that too (its like a top up of the maintenance grant)

the maintenance is only paid if you are not on BTEA you cant get both btea and maintanance...check out studentfinance.ie loads of info on there

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Samurai12

no if your income is about €22,000 you would be eligible for 100% student contribution fees and 100% maintenance

if that income also includes an eligible payment for the special rate of grant you could be eligible for that too (its like a top up of the maintenance grant)

the maintenance is only paid if you are not on BTEA you cant get both btea and maintanance...check out studentfinance.ie loads of info on there

Thanks for the reply. So does that mean that if I am awarded the Maintenance fee, I can't be awarded the student contribution fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 RoughSleeper

Samurai12 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. So does that mean that if I am awarded the Maintenance fee, I can't be awarded the student contribution fee?

No, you can be awarded both. What he meant was, if you're availing of BTEA (Back to Education Allowance) you cannot receive the maintenance grant. You can, however, still receive the contribution fee grant if you are getting BTEA.

If you're not getting BTEA, you will (in all likelihood) receive both the maintenance grant and the student contribution grant based on your family's income.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LeGatsby

Do you have to apply for the full susi grant, including means testing if you are already applying for BTEA and just applying to Susi for the student contribution?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 39 RoughSleeper

LeGatsby wrote: »
    Do you have to apply for the full susi grant, including means testing if you are already applying for BTEA and just applying to Susi for the student contribution?

Thanks

Yes, on the application there's a question/section about BTEA. When your application is assessed, you will be awarded the contribution grant but not the maintenance grant.

• Advertisement
Advertisement