Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which SUV - Santa Fe vs CX-5 vs Tiguan vs Tucson

Options
  • 05-06-2016 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

I have around €35k budget, looking for something that's good value with lots of nice-to-have features in a mid/top level trim. I like the space, ride height and look of SUVs.

7 seats would be a plus.
    Sun roof would be a plus.
    Decent MPG would be a plus.
    Rear and side camera would be a plus.

I only do 10-15k kms a year of mostly city driving, but you can't get petrol SUVs above the basic trim so would probably need to go diesel.

These are the options:

Used 7 seat Hyundai Santa Fe
    Used 7 seat Nissan X-Trail
    New Hyundai Tucson
    New Mazda CX-5
    New Volkswagen Tiguan

Which would you choose or rule out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Tiguan, CX-5 and Tucson are all 5 seaters only. Santa Fe is a lot better than the rest and a lot more expensive too.

Nissan X-Trail sounds like it's the best one that would fit your needs. SVE model will have all the toys you are looking for:

http://www.driving.ie/used-cars/Nissan/X-Trail/1.6-DSL/201014623123529400/
    http://www.driving.ie/used-cars/Nissan/X-Trail/1.6-DSL/200814622932219910/
    http://www.driving.ie/used-cars/Nissan/X-Trail/SVE-1.6D/201714601823354990/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,572 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

What about a Toyota RAV4 Hybrid comes in a little above your budget but you might get some off it maybe.

https://www.toyota.ie/models/rav4/index.json

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The x trail is great value, they're doing €4K off them at the moment too,

Ms

What about a Subaru the XV is well within your price bracket and the Forester a little over it.

http://www.subaru.ie/index.php/subaru-models/xv-crossover/pricelist/524

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you'd be exclusive with the xv anyway. 15 registered so far this year :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Can you hold out for the Ateca? Tiguan in a Spanish dress, due to dealers next weekend and deliveries later in the year.

1.4t 150ps petrol version available. Decent level of standard equipment, and options are very reasonable as well.

As long as the cabin is well put together, it looks to be a great alternative to the Tuscon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

R.O.R wrote: »
    Can you hold out for the Ateca? Tiguan in a Spanish dress, due to dealers next weekend and deliveries later in the year.

1.4t 150ps petrol version available. Decent level of standard equipment, and options are very reasonable as well.

As long as the cabin is well put together, it looks to be a great alternative to the Tuscon.

It seems they are using the new 7-speed DQ380 DSG...

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭shakedown

Thanks all. I thought I had it narrowed down to the ones in OP, but now I have even more options to consider!

Ateca looks like it could be an option, especially if I can get petrol.

X-trail SVE is at/near the top at the moment.

I like the idea of hybrid but dont know much about them - will need to look further.

I dont like the wheels of the XV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭BnB

Hi Shakedown how did you get on in teh end ? Did you decide on anything.

I am looking at similar - Specifically the Kuga, CX-5 & Tiguan.

I am leaning towards the Tiguan but am getting a great deal (lease) on the Kuga

• Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

BnB wrote: »
    Hi Shakedown how did you get on in teh end ? Did you decide on anything.

I am looking at similar - Specifically the Kuga, CX-5 & Tiguan.

I am leaning towards the Tiguan but am getting a great deal (lease) on the Kuga

Ford are giving some seriously chunky discounts on the Kuga at the moment, but there's a facelift on the way and you can't order one at the moment, so limited to what's in (apparently plentiful) stock at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Seat have the Aceta due in September that might be worth a look.

R.O.R wrote: »
    Ford are giving some seriously chunky discounts on the Kuga at the moment, but there's a facelift on the way and you can't order one at the moment, so limited to what's in (apparently plentiful) stock at the moment.

Thanks - Didn't realise there was a facelift on the way. Dispite the price, I wasn't mad about anyway but knowing there is a new model on the way, puts me off it even more.

Ms

@BnB What about a Renault Kadjar or if you can wait for it the new Peugeot 3008 looks really nice.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Thanks - Didn't realise there was a facelift on the way. Dispite the price, I wasn't mad about anyway but knowing there is a new model on the way, puts me off it even more.

Current one is around over 3 years at this stage. They also reduced the price on them a few months ago because they were not very competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭shakedown

I went for an estate instead. I liked the Tiguan out of all the options, but would have waited for the Ateca as it's better value.

Im now waiting for the Kodiaq to come out to see if I want to trade in.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

If your still looking, the top spec Tucson is a really good buy. I traded in my ix35 for this in April. Also got the 19"wheels and side skirts. €34000.

The spec is very high compared to others tiguan etc. Full sunroof, satnav, heated seats, parking sensors and reversing camera.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

I want a petrol as I do not do enough miles to justify a diesel.

That rules out the Tiguan as they are only available in poverty spec underpowered as petrol.

The Seat Ateca comes at €31k for top spec 150 bhp petrol

The Audi Q3 comes in at €38.6k for similar spec (150 bhp).

I have not yet priced the Tuscon - might look at that but not keen on the Ikea Sportage. I think the Tuscon is underpowered though, and also poverty spec in petrol, with high CO2.

Ap present looks like the Ateca but it is not available until September.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I want a petrol as I do not do enough miles to justify a diesel.

That rules out the Tiguan as they are only available in poverty spec underpowered as petrol.

The Seat Ateca comes at €31k for top spec 150 bhp petrol

The Audi Q3 comes in at €38.6k for similar spec (150 bhp).

I have not yet priced the Tuscon - might look at that but not keen on the Ikea Sportage. I think the Tuscon is underpowered though, and also poverty spec in petrol, with high CO2.

Ap present looks like the Ateca but it is not available until September.

Quashai has petrol engines years better than those historic from Hyundai. You might also want to wait for a hybrid Toyota C-HR. It is virtually identical (size-wise) with the Quashai.

grogi wrote: »
    Quashai has petrol engines years better than those historic from Hyundai. You might also want to wait for a hybrid Toyota C-HR. It is virtually identical (size-wise) with the Quashai.

Do not like the Quasqai. Sorry. Do not like Nissan either. Sorry again.

Tucson petrol is only available in the base model. Tucson and Sportage are the same vehicle bar the styling. Kia are not bringing any petrol Sportage to Ireland though.

Audi Q3 is very old at this stage and a new model is due very soon. What about the Skoda Yeti?

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    What about the Skoda Yeti?

NNoooooo! not a yeti! nor a Skoda!

Send for the style police!

Toyota Rav4 hybrid?

Ms

Renault Kadjar?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I'm very tempted to wait for an Ateca to see what they're like. They've had some great reviews plus, I had a Leon as a hire car fro a day a few weeks ago and I thought it was a lovely wee car to drive.

Only problem is, I need to get something ASAP and not sure if I can wait untill September. My car kicked the bucket 3 weeks ago.

Ms

I'm very tempted to wait for an Ateca to see what they're like. They've had some great reviews plus, I had a Leon as a hire car fro a day a few weeks ago and I thought it was a lovely wee car to drive.

Only problem is, I need to get something ASAP and not sure if I can wait untill September. My car kicked the bucket 3 weeks ago.

Why not get a Leon then there is a 4x4 version of the Leon estate which is quite nice looking and should be a little higher than the standard car. You could try do a deal with your dealer maybe say your interested in upgrading to an Ateca in a month or two or maybe next year.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement