Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Holiday

Options
  • 05-06-2016 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

So, I'm planning my holiday for after the Leaving Cert (July or August). I don't want to go to any party destination or anywhere that has a beach. I would love to go to a place with a lot of culture and history, but is also relatively cheap. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Krakow or Berlin. Krakow is cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Granada! (with brief hop across to Morocco!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Consonata

Budapest. Good Accommodation is really cheap plus the currency is really good

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

Krakow will be packed from July 26th to August 2nd as World Youth Day is being held there this year. There will be up to 2 or 3 million young people there from around the world.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

hurler97 wrote: »
    Krakow will be packed from July 26th to August 2nd as World Youth Day is being held there this year. There will be up to 2 or 3 million young people there from around the world.

Crikey, where will they fit them all?
    Great spot though, for a holiday.

OP, any of the Polish or German cities are packed with History.
    Well I suppose everywhere is really, but the further east and south east in Europe you go, the cheaper things generally get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Neird

Wow! Thanks for all the recommendations. If anything, I would love to go to World Youth Day, meeting lots of people, should be fun! But I think maybe Berlin would be a good place for me.

Berlin's fantastic.
    If you wanted, you could get a train two hours to Dresden in the morning and spend the day there. It was completely destroyed in the war and they have rebuilt it. Some fantastic galleries.

Oh so jealous of you maybe going to Berlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Plankton1

Hi everyone,
    Hope the exams are going ok so far.
    I'm working on a new show for RTE and we're looking for Irish people who want to have a bit of craic on the beach in Majorca - if anyone here is heading to Santa Ponsa or Magaluf, drop me a PM and I will fill you in on more details!
    Cheers and good luck with the rest of your exams!

Advertisement