Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swim Tracker

Options
  • 05-06-2016 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

Could anybody point me in the direction of where I could get a swim tracker for my wrist that isn't that expensive ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

I bought the Garmin Swim and find it very good, it downloads to my laptop via blue tooth and gives all your lap times etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭siobhan08

snipey wrote: »
    I bought the Garmin Swim and find it very good, it downloads to my laptop via blue tooth and gives all your lap times etc.

How much is one of them and is it compatible with a Mac computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

it's around 120 euro's from Amazon and i would imagine it's compatible with all computers, look it up on youtube it will give a good review.I have mine for 3 years now so it's a good buy plus i swim 5 times a week so it's seen alot of water

• Registered Users Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭fletch

+1 for the Garmin Swim...although sometimes, it can miscount a lap or 2 per session (which is a bit annoying as there is no way of fixing it in Garmin Connect)
    It would be nice if they provided an option to merge two laps...
    Other than that, it's a great watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

I'll add my vote for the Garmin Swim - great for the pool.

I use a Suunto Ambit3 for the open water - it will also do pool swimming but it's about 3 times the price of the Swim

EDIT: You can set it up so your data feeds from Garmin Connect into Strava, if that helps keep everything in once place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

Hi. Would the Garmin Swim watch work for open swimming?
    Also, does any one got Speedo's Misfit Shine?  How does that compare?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭fletch

Hi. Would the Garmin Swim watch work for open swimming?
    No it only works in pools

Advertisement