Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent increase - 4 weeks notice?

Options
  • 05-06-2016 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

Just wondeirng if anybody can tell me if the letting agent can give me a notice of a rent increase in 4 weeks.

I just got it through the letter box today - no stamp, hand delivered!

I will follow up with the prtb and threshold, but any advice on this welcome

Paula

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

It depends on whether there is a provision to that effect in your leasing contract. If there is no such provision, the landlord cannot review your rent at all for 24 months (or for 24 months after the last increase), and you must get at least 90 days' notice. http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/renting_a_home/rent_increases.html

Letting agents should be aware of this, ffs. I suggest you send them a link to the page above and mention amicably that you want to continue to be a good tenant within the context of your legal rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 paulaflood3

Hi,

Thanks for the speedy response.

I will have alook at the link.

Does this mean that the lease can overrule the 24 months rule?

Thnaks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Hi,

Thanks for the speedy response.

I will have alook at the link.

Does this mean that the lease can overrule the 24 months rule?

Thnaks

Lease cannot overrule your rights.

Advertisement