Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealer locations

Options
  • 05-06-2016 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Over the next 12 months we are hoping to buy our 1st camper. I have searched the internet and went to visit a few dealers.

I was wondering does anyone recommend a dealer?
    Where did you buy your camper?
    Is there any gem of a dealership that doesn't have an online presence?

We hope to have a drive around over the summer to visit as many dealers as we can to chat about what's out there and see stock.

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

I visited virtually every dealer, all found through online searching, I could.

Bought my first from Ballybrittas Motors, a Laika
    second from Donagheys - a Carado

current from MotorhomeDepot in NI (they now have presence in the Republic.

In each case I determined what I wanted, did an online search then visited a few who fitted the spec before making a choice.

Buying outside the country leads to quite a bit of paperwork etc

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭JonMac

I am very happy with Pat Horan Motors, near Borisokane.
    Our one was used but they also rep Adria.
    http://www.pathoranmotors.com

PS Open secret who Aidan_M_M is ... .

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Didn't think of motorhomedepot.ie - I'll keep an eye out on that site from now on.

We went to visit Pat Horan at his open day, he was very nice to deal with, he had a lovely range of campers, he is back on the list for another visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

I can recommend http://www.donagheymotorhomes.ie , There after sales service blew me away after we had some problems post sale,even sent a driver to collect the van from my home,always lost of stock to browse . Best of luck with your search

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

+1 Pat Horan. We bought our current and last van from them. They are brilliant to deal with should you have any problems, always someone at the end of the phone, Monday to Sunday! We found them very competitive price wise too. Pleasure to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭ianobrien

Another is Anchor Point. I bought mine there at the start of this year and so far so good. It was a pleasure to buy there as they don't do the horse trading over a few euro (I HATE that. State your price and I'll either pay that, or walk away). Other family members bought there later on and they were asking how my van was going. So far, with the two vans we are very pleased. After sales was excellent.

I'm going to be in Letterkenny next weekend and I'll be calling to Donaghny's for some small things. We bought there before and again were happy there. I'd rate Anchor Point higher though.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

I can recommend http://www.donagheymotorhomes.ie , There after sales service blew me away after we had some problems post sale,even sent a driver to collect the van from my home,always lost of stock to browse . Best of luck with your search
    +1 Really helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Niall_G

We have bought from Anchorpoint and Pat Horan over the years and I recommend both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

ianobrien wrote: »
    It was a pleasure to buy there as they don't do the horse trading over a few euro (I HATE that. State your price and I'll either pay that, or walk away).

Ah come on asking price always includes contingency for haggling, thats half the fun in buying '10 for that you must me maad' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

Ah come on asking price always includes contingency for haggling, thats half the fun in buying '10 for that you must me maad' :pac:

Agree 100%, plus any purchase over 20k requires a minimum of 3 visits spread over a 6 to 8 week period you don't want to seem to keen, its a complicated business this haggling :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement