Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Final Accounts Help

Options
  • 05-06-2016 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi Guys, I can't seem to get my head around the suspense workings from any of the Final Account questions. For example in 2009 Q1 part (iv), how do we know whether to add or subtract the 200 euro discount allowed entered only into the discount account ??? This is my biggest problem with the accounts, I'd really appreciate if this problem could be cleared. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭koolis02

it's been already entered in the discount account, so no need to do anything with it. You allow a discount to a debtor so you should be minusing it from debtors and adding it into your suspense account. When you allow a discount to a debtor you're lowering the balance that the debtor owes you hence why you minus it from their account. Thats the way I always remember it but it could be completely wrong logic lol

Advertisement