Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Challenge 182 - Door

Options
  • 05-06-2016 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

This challenge theme is - Door

Here are a couple of examples, but this is a broad topic so use your imagination:

N6k66u2.jpg

wMAx40n.jpg

RULES:

-The Closing Date is 2 weeks from now(approx) Saturday 18th of June at 7pm.

-Only photos taken with this challenge in mind qualify. Therefore, the photo must be taken between 00:15AM on the 5th of June and 7pm on the 18th of June. So no 'old ' photos to be used.

-The photo must be taken by the person submitting it.
    -Only one photo per post, but submit as many posts as you like.
    -Be imaginative- stretch yourself!
    -The next task/subject is to be chosen by the person who has the most thanks after their post at the closing date/time.

Have fun!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

hodor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

(Not really, just the lane behind Christ Church)

27507535705_4ab6c521df_c.jpg

This is the door to the tree-residence of Oscar- one of the many fairies who live in the woods in Lucan Demesne- apparently he is a bit grumpy- but if you get to know him is very kind and can grant you a special wish....

27514160416_e88b204043_b.jpgOscar's door

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

27630035136_b2d7ca30f9_c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭zeptar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Or Doorception. A door within a door....

27595704611_7b3dfb7389_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Fearanpoist

27673944755_72b6f8b7eb_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Old Rectory, Belturbet, Co.Cavan.

1CkvjLS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jaansu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭salamanca

keps wrote: »

Congratulations, keps - up to you to set the next challenge!

salamanca wrote: »
    Congratulations, keps - up to you to set the next challenge!

Thanks indeed Salamanca - that was a bit of a surprise!
    I am away this weekend and not near my lap top so it will be tomorrow before I can get s new challenge up and running.

Thanks to all.

Genuinely - I am not so sure that the level of entries/support/thanks for the Challenge thread justifies its continuance.

Anyway - I will set one up tomorrow and we can assess the way the wind blows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

I am a silent viewer/thanker of the challenges.

Have big plans to get involved more often but v. busy with work at the moment so don't get out much with the camera.

Anyway - I would like to see it continue - just to speak up on behalf of this silent viewers!

I appreciate I should be getting involved more to see it's continuance!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,770 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

keps wrote: »
    Genuinely - I am not so sure that the level of entries/support/thanks for the Challenge thread justifies its continuance.

Anyway - I will set one up tomorrow and we can assess the way the wind blows.

I find the two-week window too tight. I'm often offline for a few days at a time, usually when the challenge is announced. Then I'll be working long hours for a week or ten days so can't get out, then finally get a chance to take some photos, but will again be offline for a few days and miss the deadline. That happened this time - over the weekend, had three or four potential entries, but it was already the 19h00 on the 18th when I saw the first! :(

I really like the principle, but find it hard to meet the T&Cs when I'm working and travelling (the two go hand in hand). Would it be possible to overlap the challenges by a week or two?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Same here. Work has also blocked a lot of websites lately and flickr is one of them so can't post from there. Will definitely get more involved though.

Advertisement