Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found an expensive tri-pod, along the ring of Beara

Options
  • 04-06-2016 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I dont want to give too much details away for obvious reasons but it looks like a professional photographers tripod(pretty expensive online), perhaps misplaced during a wedding shot as its a very scenic area. If anyone is missing one, or knows someone missing it please point them my way.

S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

Hi,

Bit of a bump, I contacted http://www.bearacameraclub.org/ to see do they know if someone lost one, any other suggestions ?

S

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

It might be worth posting it on a landscape photographer's group on Facebook - there are quite a large number of people that post there who may have been visiting that part of the country on a trip..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/333939600023612/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭BreadnBuddha

Drop this guy a line while you're at it:

http://www.johneaglephoto.com

He's a local snapper down in Beara. Takes students up the hills for classes so you never know, he might have an idea who's missing a tripod.

Hi,

The facebook group is closed, Im waiting on an invite. I also emailed John and maybe he knows the owner.

S

Hi,

I have emailed the bearacameraclub@ and johneaglephoto with no reply yet, and the facebook group has not let me in (any members here willing to post on my behalf?), donedeal lost and found no good. Any more ideas fire them my way.

S

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,133 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

did you contact the garda station nearest the place you found it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

RESPECT to the OP. :)

Ya but I must give them a buzz again, problem is they are a good bit away from where I found it

Found him, he left a message with a Garda and they rang me and I got in contact with him and all is good.
    Its definitely his(description perfect) and as luck would have it I am passing near his home town of Ennis on my way to Galway next week so can return it to him on the road. It was a Manfrotto 055 with a fancy head so a cool piece of kit and worth a few bob. I do a little photography myself and after looking at this I think i might buy something like it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

That's brilliant :) You've very good to have gone to the trouble, I'm sure that they really appreciate it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,315 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

stylie wrote: »
    Found him, he left a message with a Garda and they rang me and I got in contact with him and all is good.
    Its definitely his(description perfect) and as luck would have it I am passing near his home town of Ennis on my way to Galway next week so can return it to him on the road. It was a Manfrotto 055 with a fancy head so a cool piece of kit and worth a few bob. I do a little photography myself and after looking at this I think i might buy something like it :)

There are still good lads in the world

Thanks, doing a bit of photography I knew how much it cost and could imagine how he felt. He was on holiday and when I picked it up and put it in the car and when he went back to check must have been only 10-15mins.

We had to have passed each other on the road as there really is only one road, just out side Allihes coming from the Kenmare direction. The Garda were on the ball, the one I spoke with checked all her colleagues and one of them knew about it missing. I am going fishing next week in Galway so dropping it into him on the way up and hopefully a bit o karma coming my way in the shape of a big fat old trout :)

Advertisement