Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineer Code

Options
  • 04-06-2016 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

I am looking to add some smarts to my alarm and was wondering if anyone knows the engineer code for HKC Sw812 installed by Securitec. It wasn't the default.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'm sorry, but we are no longer allowed help you here with engineer codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

No problem KoolKid. Does anyone know an engineer around Galway that could come out and help me reset so that I can have full access to the system?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you search the PSA register you should find someone close by.
    Sorry I can't help you more.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

fbradyirl wrote: »
    I am looking to add some smarts to my alarm and was wondering if anyone knows the engineer code for HKC Sw812 installed by Securitec. It wasn't the default.

Have you tried doing a default yourself, if not engineer locked its easily set back up yourself.

Down power the system, mains and battery.
    Remove JP1 default link and power back up the system on the battery.
    If its not engineer locked you will be prompted to default to factory settings.
    If not it will say engineer locked.

Replace link, close up and turn on the mains.
    Codes will then be factory defaults.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

altor wrote: »
    Have you tried doing a default yourself, if not engineer locked its easily set back up yourself.

Down power the system, mains and battery.
    Remove JP1 default link and power back up the system on the battery.
    If its not engineer locked you will be prompted to default to factory settings.
    If not it will say engineer locked.

Replace link, close up and turn on the mains.
    Codes will then be factory defaults.

Thanks so much altor. Question: if I am prompted to default to factory, does that mean I will have to program all the zones etc or is that config saved?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

fbradyirl wrote: »
    Thanks so much altor. Question: if I am prompted to default to factory, does that mean I will have to program all the zones etc or is that config saved?

Yes everything will be defaulted but its not a big job to redo.

What I would do if you dont have a zone list is have someone at the keypad and put the system into user walk test 0#3. Go around and test each device and as you do it will show on the keypad what the zone is. Just makes programming names back into the system easier.
    Zone 1 will be set up as entry/exit on the system.
    If you have a PIR one in the access route will be set up for access.
    If its in another area you may want to set this up as off for partset this is set up in the zone options.
    User codes.
    Time and date.
    On a standalone system like an 8/12 it should not be a big job setting it back up either way.

Advertisement