Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to learn more about BIM?

Options
  • 04-06-2016 2:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭

I'm employed as an architectural technician, and I've been using Revit in a large multidisciplinary practice for 12mths now (over 5yrs professional experience with autocad/microstation prior).

There's a BIM lead on each large project (say 30+ designers) but to be honest he isn't the most helpful and in my opinion he's "getting away with it". The work is mostly pharmaceutical, process/piping driven.

The results being that while I've learned a lot about using Revit over the last year, I'm aware myself I may well not be doing things the "right" way and would love to straighten that out before it gets too far gone. I have gained huge experience but know I've still a lot to learn. Can anybody advise or make suggestions on good sources to learn or understand BIM (and what BEPs etc should contain) protocols?

I know WIT are running a BIM 1 year masters course, but I cannot do it by distance learning and can't go from Cork to Waterford a couple times a week due to work commitments.

I really want to fully understand the whole area much better and increase my worth to an employer.

Comments

Advertisement