Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

genealogy

Options
  • 03-06-2016 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi ,not sure if im on right thread
    but doing family tree and found a relative jane henderson nee mclure born in ireland around 1835 buried in philadelpia, resided in camden,nj. father david mclure,mother hannah rowly. thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Welcome!

What's your question?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 3 copynpaste

Hi just looking for anyone connected to this side of the family but i suspect im not on the right forum thanks anyway for replying

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

copynpaste wrote: »
    Hi just looking for anyone connected to this side of the family but i suspect im not on the right forum thanks anyway for replying

No, you are but unfortunately you don't have enough info on the family yet to be able to find connections & the chances are slim anyway. I suggest you have a read of our US genealogy sticky which has ideas on ways to further research. You need to find a place in Ireland that they came from.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

but doing family tree and found a relative jane henderson nee mclure born in ireland around 1835 buried in philadelpia, resided in camden,nj. father david mclure,mother hannah rowly. thanks

Any idea when she migrated to USA?, was she married to Mr Henderson in Ireland or US?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

pinkypinky wrote: »
    No, you are but unfortunately you don't have enough info on the family yet to be able to find connections & the chances are slim anyway. I suggest you have a read of our US genealogy sticky which has ideas on ways to further research. You need to find a place in Ireland that they came from.

Henderson and McClure would likely narrow it down to Ulster though ?

• Advertisement

Hi, I think you need to work backwards on the US side first, as there are a better chance for records :- Marriage cert / Naturalisation papers / local newspaper for Death Notices etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3 copynpaste

hi to all
    , we have her born in donegal ireland, to parents david mclure and hannah rowley, which is our lot and we have gone back to 1798,david mclure,her father,we have birth certs on other members of family but not her i was just wondering if someone else called henderson with same info ws on this forum ,long shot,i know. thanks awfully for all your kind responses

hi to all
    , we have her born in donegal ireland, to parents david mclure and hannah rowley, which is our lot and we have gone back to 1798,david mclure,her father,we have birth certs on other members of family but not her i was just wondering if someone else called henderson with same info ws on this forum ,long shot,i know. thanks awfully for all your kind responses

Have you had any interaction with PRONI https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/proni ?

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/services/search-ecatalogue

With names like Mclure and Henderson, there's a chance they might have something to help you. for example

Lease (with map attached) from Sir Charles Styles, Kent to John Henderson, Ballymalone, Co. Donegal for 31 years. Yearly rent £5. 0s. 0d

Repository : Public Record Office for Northern Ireland

PRONI Reference : D3480/61

Level : Series

Access :

Title : Lease (with map attached) from Sir Charles Styles, Kent to John Henderson, Ballymalone, Co. Donegal for 31 years. Yearly rent £5. 0s. 0d.

Dates : 25 March 1800

Advertisement