Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which dart station?

Options
  • 03-06-2016 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Hiya,

I've never taken the dart, so I'm hoping you can help me out.
    I need to be at Connolly station Monday to Friday by 9:30am. I'm doing the school drop off at 8:15 in Balally, and I'm planning on driving from there to the nearest dart station.

I am aware that with traffic at that time it's likely to take me upwards of 30mn but my circumstances are that I do need to take the car, can't take the bus.
    Could you please tell me which station I should go to, which one would be most likely to have a parking spot available at 9am?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

MaudL wrote: »
    Hiya,

I've never taken the dart, so I'm hoping you can help me out.
    I need to be at Connolly station Monday to Friday by 9:30am. I'm doing the school drop off at 8:15 in Balally, and I'm planning on driving from there to the nearest dart station.

I am aware that with traffic at that time it's likely to take me upwards of 30mn but my circumstances are that I do need to take the car, can't take the bus.
    Could you please tell me which station I should go to, which one would be most likely to have a parking spot available at 9am?

Thanks in advance!

Prob SeaPoint or Blackrock

It could be quicker to take the Luas and walk from Stephens Green provided you could get parking in the area. DART either runs perfectly or one big disaster. Irish Rail twitter account can help with car parking if there is no commuters on here from those area's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Booterstown would be an option too. It would save having to go thru Blackrock village to get to the station and the traffic around the 2 shopping centres.

The No 14 bus goes directly from Balally to Connolly Station. But it goes half way around the world & the traffic in town can be murder, especially with the Luas road works.

I agree with the above poster about getting the Luas. It's a 15 minute ride to St Stephens Green and then a 20 minute walk to Connolly. Or a 10 minute walk to Westland Row and get the Dart there to Connolly. It's only 2 stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

Driving from Balally to any DART station would take some time, especially during school terms.

What school are you dropping off at in Balally? The national school is only a couple of minutes walk from Kilmacud Luas stop. Take the Luas to Harcourt, walk across to Camden Street and then take a 14 or 15 bus to Connolly.

Advertisement