Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VU+ Solo 2 Issue - "Tune Failed" / "SID not found in PAT" error messages

Options
  • 03-06-2016 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

I have a Satellite dish System with VU+ Solo 2 receiver (OpenVIX image) with 1.1 mtr Triax motorised dish. For some of the channels I get the error messages like "Tune Failed " or "SID not found in PAT". Also each time I scan some channels appear and some other disappears.

I tried searching by Transponder + clear before scan etc. But each time, the list of channels getting found by the search, is different each day. Channels appear and disappear at random. And for some channels I get the tune failed error message.

On 28.2E I am getting around 486 channels. This on some searches go upto 550 channels and some times less . I do Service Search when some channels that were working, no longer works. During this rescan some channels come back and some disappear.

What could be the problem? Is it an issue with the 1. VU+ Solo 2 Receiver? or 2. Motor or 3. LNB - "Skew off the LNB" - as suggested in another forum?

Any solution to this weird issue?

Any help highly appreciated...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

A blind scan of 28E should give ~940ish channels found. The fact that you are getting far less means something is badly amiss. If it was an issue of the motor not lining up right then other satellites would probably be off too. To check if it's a box problem or LNB issue, I would suggest borrowing a known working box from a friend. If it works OK you know to look at your own box. If it doesn't work OK it may be an LNB or cabling issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Apogee

SID not found in PATH can occur with channels sharing on the same transponder e.g. Children's stuff on BBC during day and BBC 4 in evening.

Menu -> Setup -> System -> User interface -> Settings -> Hide zap errors = yes.

With a motorised setup, there is usually* no need to skew the LNB because the dish itself is 'skewed' as you move left/right.

The LNB should oriented at right angles to the major axis of the dish on a motorised system (i.e. the LNB is not skewed).

*On some satellites, you may encounter strange polarisation but this is only an issue if you're seeking out the more unusual stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TestLink

I have a spare freesat hd box at home and would try with that. Thanks...

Advertisement