Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused by min spec for Overwatch

Options
  • 03-06-2016 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was thinking of getting Overwatch for my laptop, I understand I will be running low FPS and low settings, it ain't gonna be pretty, I just want to see what all the hype is about.

Anyway, I checked my laptop using systemrequirementslab website and it came back saying I don't meet the min spec, but looking at the results it seems to meet the minimum ok, check out the attached pic.

Am I misinterpreting something here?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Looks okay to me, you could hit up some less reputable sites to run the game and see how it is before committing

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Those auto-requirement apps are notoriously unreliable. They don't run any sort of stress test, they just compare your hardware against a (usually woefully inadequate) list of approved components and spits back a red mark if it doesn't find yours. Given that your CPU out performs some i3 models by a wide margin (and they don't specify any particular model - your performance is somewhere between the newest and oldest i3s), and that Intel HD 4400 (lol) is listed as the gpu minimum, I suspect you should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

CPU is fine, the GT635 is a very low end card though, but I would imagine it should work somewhat OK on lowest settings.

Those 'minimum' requirements don't make much sense, a GTX460 is infinitely faster than Intel HD4400 - and two or three times faster than GT635M as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

His card is definitely a piece of shit but it's slightly less a piece of shit than the Intel HD 4400.

AlTdmLQ.jpgp

Cutting it close alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Total waste of battery :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Avacad0

I was disappointed by OW's requirements as well. All previous Blizzard's games had quite affordable specs, except this one , had to upgrade my hardware to get into fight (

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

To be fair the requirements are really very low. A GTX460 goes for about €30 second hand. You could put together an entire machine to play the game at high-ultra settings for about €250.

Advertisement