Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comfortable and flattering high-waisted jeans for short legs

Options
  • 03-06-2016 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi,

I've always had problems finding jeans that fit me well (jeans that fit my thighs are too loose around my waist, and vice versa, not to mention that I have short legs so most jeans go baggy at the ankles :mad: ). I'm stuck in a leggings rut atm and am getting sick of it! I am usually a size 10; give or take depending on the shop.

I would love to find a pair of comfortable and flattering high-waisted jeans; preferably black or navy. I'm 5' 3" and most standard jeans are too long for me - I'd be a 28/29 inch leg. I'd like them to be as stretchy as possible (don't mind if they're "jeggings" rather than jeans) and with no bagginess. Also preferably durable and won't fade in the wash.

I know New Look do a shorter jean length - I bought black high-waisted jeans from there before because they seemed great in the fitting room, but after wearing for a few hours they went baggy and was constantly having to hike them up. They just weren't skinny enough. :P I think I often have that problem - jeans look great and feel comfortable in the fitting room, but it's a different story after walking around in them for the day.

Any suggestions? I feel like I've spent so much money on jeans over the years; only to be disappointed with them after a few wears.

TLDR: Looking for suggestions for high-waisted jeans for a short leg that will remain tight/stretchy and won't go baggy...

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

There are loads of shops that do jeans in different lenghts, such as M&S, River Island, Topshop etc.

Jeans loosening up after a bit of wear is normal enough (although that said, I do have one paid from New Look that are a disaster) but generally I'd try aim for them to feel a little tight whilst trying them on, so if they loosen, then great.

Also, if you go for a pair with a bit of stretch in the fabric, this might help with the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

You are exactly the same shape as me ( size 10, 5ft 3, smaller waist than hips/thighs) and its a nightmare to buy well fitting jeans.

I have bought some good jeans from Littlewoods. The South brand have lots of high rise jeans that I find comfy and well fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭anon71

I actually got a pair in Tesco recently would you believe!! I'm 5' 4" and I bought the short ones, I'd usually buy regular so you'd have to try them on. They have a zip fly and a button fastening but no belt loops. I was afraid they wouldn't stay up because I always belt my jeans. But they're grand.

Advertisement