Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bank feeds for cloud-based accounting packages

Options
  • 03-06-2016 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a cloud-based accounting package that links with the banks - all transactions are posted straight from the bank, analysis still has to be done by the user AFAIK.

I have checked Sage One and Big REd Cloud. Sage One have feeds but only for UK banks, not Bank of Ireland and AIB which is useless.

Big Red Cloud dont do bank feeds and have no plans ( they say ) to bring it in.

Xero seems to be the same as Sage - they have bank feeds for UK banks but not for Irish banks.

Anyone know of a package that links to Irish banks?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

I think its the irish banks that are the problem not the accounts packages!

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jcon1913

viztopia wrote: »
    I think its the irish banks that are the problem not the accounts packages!

indeed - but do any cloud accounting packages have bank feeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Sort My Books should be able to do it. I've never done it myself but if you can export your transactions from banking online and save as a .csv file you can import them to the system.

Edit - I reread your post. It won't take the transactions from the bank account. You need to download them from the banking online and then import them and allocate them. After a few goes the system should recognise reoccurring transactions.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Sort My Books should be able to do it. I've never done it myself but if you can export your transactions from banking online and save as a .csv file you can import them to the system.

Edit - I reread your post. It won't take the transactions from the bank account. You need to download them from the banking online and then import them and allocate them. After a few goes the system should recognise reoccurring transactions.

Hi, I'll give Sort My Books a shout to see if they can handle it.

Thanks SD.

jcon1913 wrote: »
    Hi, I'll give Sort My Books a shout to see if they can handle it.

Thanks SD.

I spoke to one of the people in Sort my Books so I am getting a trial to see how well it works, should save me a lot of time on entries in to the bank account.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

I know surf accounts does it - they have launched in uk and it works there

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tanit

You might not be able to connect directly to Irish banks but I'd be very surprised if you cannot import a csv file from any bank into any of the programs mentioned in this thread. All banks in Ireland give you the option of exporting your transactions in csv format and as far as I know all the programs above should have that option. You might need to ask to support services the first time but it shouldn't be too difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Sparko

We use AccountIQ, our online banking is with Ulster Bank. We can download a csv from Ulster and import into AIQ and it reads the transactions with no problem. The system can also memorise transactions so it will then suggest the posting for regular transactions on future imports.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭studio54

Hi All

I'm very surprised that Irish customers can't get Bank Feeds.....I'm in Dublin and we're using Xero Since last September. Absolutely no issues with bank feeds (BOI, AIB CC,). Will load in under 10 mins. We do have a T**co cc for expenses but can't get bank feeds from them (more to do with T**co than XERO)

We Love(d) it!

However very close to moving unfortunately, our big problem is getting a satisfactory explanation/assistance with incorporating to the Irish Tax System - Xero just can't seem to help, continuously referring us to videos that we've viewed many times. The issue seems to come in the form of what Xero call "sales tax". Won't go in to it, suffice to say that the lack of telephone/skype support does not help. Spend 15-20 mins carefully explaining in emails only to wait 24hrs for an answer that tries passing us off to videos.
    Just be warned this product has great functionality and is pretty easy to use until you need to sort VAT, EOY returns, etc if you're an Irish business (Setup for the UK is much better but I don't think Xero have any plans for Irish Customers)
    Let me know if anyone using Xero has overcome the VAT inputting issues!

Regards
    B

Advertisement