Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to help sleep

Options
  • 03-06-2016 1:22am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, Im new to the nocturnal forum and I don't know if this the most appropriate forum to post but I have been having trouble sleeping lately and was looking for advice on how to help me get restful, deep sleep.

Any tips, suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Close your eyes, force yourself if necessary. Long, slow, deep breaths. Works for me every time.

Edit: just noticing the deep restful part. Maybe it'll help if you clear your mind of anything troubling you. Easier said than done though, in fairness.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

No electronic devices in your room so you can't be tempted to just browse something, a set routine if possible, black out blinds or heavy curtains.. There is a specific 'sleeping and dreaming' forum too for more help..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭ceegee

Theres a podcast called "sleep with me" which I've found quite good. Guy with a monotonus voice who just rambles on for an hour or two. Usually doze off about 10 or 15 minutes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

football analysis with liam brady and johnny giles, a lost remote control and being too lazy to go luck for it. I was in a deep restful sleep in no time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Fennel tea can help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement