Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King's Speech quotes?

Options
  • 02-06-2016 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can find some? Key notes sucks.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I'd only learn like 4/5 quotes from the Film that you can throw into any answer tbh. These are a few I always use:

"If I am to be king... where is my power? May I form a government, levy a tax or declare a war? No! Yet I am the seat of all authority." - Bertie

"You have such perseverance, Bertie. You're the bravest man I know. You'll make a bloody good king." - Lionel

"people marching across Europe singing The Red Flag" - Bertie
    "stop your worrying. Herr Hitler will sort that lot out" – David

"Do you stutter when you think?" - Lionel

"Poor and content is rich and rich enough." - Lionel

"If I must be Queen, I intend to be a very good queen. Queen to a very good King indeed" – Elizabeth

"You've saddled this nation in its moment of peril with a voiceless king." - Bertie

"Bertie: A man! I have a voice!
    Logue: Yes, you do."

"Lionel was with the King for every wartime speech. George VI became a symbol of national resistance. Lionel and Bertie remained friends for the rest of their lives" - Title Card at the End of the Movie.

Like I said, you won't need all of these but one or two here and there couldn't hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    I'd only learn like 4/5 quotes from the Film that you can throw into any answer tbh. These are a few I always use:

"If I am to be king... where is my power? May I form a government, levy a tax or declare a war? No! Yet I am the seat of all authority." - Bertie

"You have such perseverance, Bertie. You're the bravest man I know. You'll make a bloody good king." - Lionel

"people marching across Europe singing The Red Flag" - Bertie
    "stop your worrying. Herr Hitler will sort that lot out" – David

"Do you stutter when you think?" - Lionel

"Poor and content is rich and rich enough." - Lionel

"If I must be Queen, I intend to be a very good queen. Queen to a very good King indeed" – Elizabeth

"You've saddled this nation in its moment of peril with a voiceless king." - Bertie

"Bertie: A man! I have a voice!
    Logue: Yes, you do."

"Lionel was with the King for every wartime speech. George VI became a symbol of national resistance. Lionel and Bertie remained friends for the rest of their lives" - Title Card at the End of the Movie.

Like I said, you won't need all of these but one or two here and there couldn't hurt.
    I love you guys :D

Advertisement