Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft's country challenge

Options
  • 02-06-2016 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

From June 1st to 30th you can support the technical community of your country to win the European Online Learning Challenge. Participate and help your country by learning about the latest technologies! Just select the country you support and pick an Online Training from the wide offering of Channel9 or Microsoft Virtual Academy (MVA).

https://eurochallenge.azurewebsites.net/

Italy at the top for now. Let's change this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Aswerty

Utterly ridiculous!

Maybe if they were targeting 10 year olds, this might in some way have been a good idea...

But Microsoft being Microsoft, these little gimmicks are expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

If I'm not mistaken, that's a soccer pitch in the background.

That's me out! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,006 ✭✭✭Talisman

Cynical me: It's a gimmick to get more social shares and improve some of their website metrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭unseen

Guys you broke my heart!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,006 ✭✭✭Talisman

unseen wrote: »
    Guys you broke my heart!
    It's obviously a numbers game...
    Your country score is determined by the amount of time participants spend watching videos. Each minute watched give one point to your country. We will award you with extra points if you finish your first video that lasts longer than 20 minutes for each platform.

Ireland has a population comparable to some of the major European cities and is dwarfed by the other countries in the EU. For example, Italy has a population 14~15 times that of Ireland so we would need to watch 15 times more videos to compete.

You could automate the process using Selenium, or a framework like DalekJS but why would you go to the effort?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Aswerty

Talisman wrote: »
    You could automate the process using Selenium, or a framework like DalekJS but why would you go to the effort?

Hacking their competition seems like it would be the only interesting way to take part.

Advertisement