Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Dongle/Wifi Hotspot yoke

Options
  • 02-06-2016 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭

I've been using a 3 dongle in a very rural area and it works, slooowly, but enough to browse. Anyway, it snapped and I need a new one, I see 3 now have these wifi thingys, and wonder if it would be an even weaker signal than a dongle which is actually plugged into the laptop. Is it worth the extra money? And if so, why is there such a price increase with the various models.

If you could explain it like you were talking to a 5 year old, that would be great. I need to buy one today.

http://www.three.ie/online/data/prepay/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Assuming we've missed your today deadline but:

Your laptop cant be stuck in a window or in the attic to improve reception, a Mifi device can. In the right scenario they're a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

i have a cubot x10, which i got over in adverts, 2g ram and an octocore processoe with 16g hardrive, it runs the 3 all you can eat data sim fine, it works my pc and sat box fine with no lagging

Advertisement