Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connected Party Transaction & RAP Help

Options
  • 02-06-2016 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Best to use an example for this;

Here’s example details

Directors loan debit - €10k (5% of relevant assets)
    Connected trade debtor 1 - €5k (normal course of business debtor) – posted to NL 726.01
    Connected trade debtor 2 - €5k (normal course of business debtor) – posted to NL726.02
    Connected trade debtor 3 - €15k (this not in the normal course of business – it’s a loan/finance amount) – posted to NL725

My understanding is that debtor 3 needs to be added to the directors loan debit (as it's effectively a loan) when looking at 10% of net assets rule.

Other 2 just need to be disclosed as RP/connected party transactions (done via connected party box in RAP)

My problem

If I tick the normal course of business box in RAP for all 3 balances it’s stating the total % of relevant assets is 5% (just the directors loan). If I don't it’s adding all into the % calc and giving me 22.5%.

I want to get trade debtor 3 just added to directors loan. I’ve tried moving debtor 3 to different nominals and playing with compliance database but can’t seem to figure it out.

Do I just need to move debtor 3 to directors loan (861) directly to fix?

Advertisement