Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shirts with sleeves cut off??

Options
  • 01-06-2016 10:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

I know it's not really a part of Irish culture to endorse this type of dressing, but personally I think it looks pretty badass.

I just bought 2 or 3 new shirts I got them at a really cheap price.
    They look great and because of this the weather is so good right now I really want to have some nice outdoor gear.

This is an example how a guy would look with a shirt without the sleeves.

37559.jpg

Paulo-Filho.jpg

Now obviously this guy has a very good body.
    That would look ridiculous and someone who is either overweight or underweight.

But the good thing with myself is that I also have a very good body.

If it wood insight more accurate feedback I can and will post pictures of my own body.

Basically I'm looking for a general opinion. I want to cut the sleeves off these nice shirts that I have will I be just basically butchering them, what do some people regard that look as being attractive and or appealing??

I mean I'm just thinking, example today I went into the pharmacy wearing one of these shirts.
    If I had the sleeves car off am I turned around message and I be just ruining a perfectly good shirt.

What do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

If you have the guns, why not! Just in a casual setting only though.

Can you (or get someone to) hem the sleeves when its done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Probably the dumbest hillbilly white trash prison inmate bumming attire I've ever seen. Try dressing like a normal person.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,388 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I mean I'm just thinking, example today I went into the pharmacy wearing one of these shirts. If I had the sleeves car off am I turned around message and I be just ruining a perfectly good shirt.

What do you think?

I think I have absolutely no idea what the above means.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭the14thwarrior

most of those shirts are bought like that. you generally don't go and cut the sleeves off yourself
    :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Under_Graduate

most of those shirts are bought like that. you generally don't go and cut the sleeves off yourself
    :)

where does one buy such shirts?

river island
    tk maxx?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Please for the love of God post a pic of you wearing one of those shirts.

I want to believe you are being serious becuase why would you lie on the Internet?
    You definitely won't look like an absolute wanker

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

You aren't going to win this one, OP. If you have big arms and shoulders then just wear a tight white t shirt with cropped sleeves.

best-white-tees-of-all-time-02.jpg

99% of people will agree that this looks way better, the other 1% also agreeing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Probably the dumbest hillbilly white trash prison inmate bumming attire I've ever seen. Try dressing like a normal person.

Quoted for truth. I'm from the American South and Mint Aero hit it dead on. https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/e1/0f/fa/e10ffa26adf45ba8c8159a23eb0c0fa5.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Posters, please be civil to one another and dial back the insults please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Twee. wrote: »
    Posters, please be civil to one another and dial back the insults please.

Point noted, but without sarcasm or irony, that is exactly the impression that those shirts give where I'm from (East Texas). I know a fellow who is literally a hillbilly from Kentucky (and proud of it), and when he does yard work he wears such a shirt, and he makes fun of himself for wearing it. The OP just needs to know that wearing such a shirt without being a celebrity bodybuilder is like wearing one of those super-revealing dresses to an event without being a celebrity or model.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I think it looks terrible. As another poster suggested, just buy a tshirt or shirt with shorter sleeves if you want to show off your arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I don't like how they look. For me they carry the 'Hulk bursting out of his shirt' kind of vibe. Even a singlet/vest in a block colour would look better. Or a slim fitting (not just too small!) t shirt would be a nicer way of enhancing/showcasing your physique.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Go to Australia, this is the height of Bogan fashion. You'd love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

If I had the sleeves car off am I turned around message and I be just ruining a perfectly good shirt.

What do you think?

You would ruin the shirt. Not a good look.

hillbilly-security-marketing.jpg

20130322033117_IMG_4916.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Is that the same fella you are posting pics of?

yes

yes it is

i opted for the vest/muscle top look.

i think u guys were right

its prob better than the shirt with hacked off sleaves

Advertisement