Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating the lc

Options
  • 01-06-2016 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Is 3 new subjects too much to take up next year?
    I was thinking about business, economics and either home economics, geography (because of the briefs) or physics because I have HL maths? Please reply with advice about the amount of subjects and advice about each subject especially about economics, is it manageable by yourself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭TooMuchWork

Took up Economics this March, gonna be sitting the exam in three weeks. It is definitely manageable.

Three subjects is a lot, especially with business. It's possible if you're going to be fully committed for the year, sure, but if you're working or half arsing then don't bother, it'll be a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Leavingcert gal2016

Took up Economics this March, gonna be sitting the exam in three weeks. It is definitely manageable.

Three subjects is a lot, especially with business. It's possible if you're going to be fully committed for the year, sure, but if you're working or half arsing then don't bother - it'll be a waste of time.

Is business very hard to do in a year? And is economics just theory based for the most part? Like is the maths behind it hard to do? Ill also be keeping my core subjects such as English,Irish and maths all at hl and then biology and chemistry and then my three new subjects but contemplating only doing two now if business is to hard to manage? I will work my ass off next year because I have gained such an insight into how the lc year works and how best to manage your time effectively! I hope to carry french on because I hate the subject with every shread of DNA in my body so I can't wait to get rid of it next year!! Our school doesn't have specific repeat programme, you basically do as you please. You go into fifth and sixth year classes and you can do tests with year group. You can either sit in a free classroom and spend your 6 hours doing whatever you want in terms of study!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭TooMuchWork

Three subjects is a lot, especially with business. It's possible if you're going to be fully committed for the year, sure, but if you're working or half arsing then don't bother - it'll be a waste of time.

Is business very hard to do in a year? And is economics just theory based for the most part? Like is the maths behind it hard to do? Ill also be keeping my core subjects such as English,Irish and maths all at hl and then biology and chemistry and then my three new subjects but contemplating only doing two now if business is to hard to manage? I will work my ass off next year because I have gained such an insight into how the lc year works and how best to manage your time effectively! I hope to carry french on because I hate the subject with every shread of DNA in my body so I can't wait to get rid of it next year!! Our school doesn't have specific repeat programme, you basically do as you please. You go into fifth and sixth year classes and you can do tests with year group. You can either sit in a free classroom and spend your 6 hours doing whatever you want in terms of study!

I took on business at the beginning of the year but later dropped it because I couldn't learn it all while also working 30 hours per week. It's just a lot of learning. Economics is grand, not too much maths, just learning off the marking scheme.

Advertisement