Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a New Start

Options
  • 01-06-2016 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,887 ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone here make the move when they were 30-ish and find something they could turn into a career over there? My qualifications are in the pharma industry but my experience isn't too great and I feel like a change anyway.

Im not really sure what I want, would just love to hear stories about people finding a new life and getting out of a dead end rut in Ireland. Is it pointless going out there with no plan in mind for furthering your career?

I know oil has seen a big downturn but is it possible to just get high paying jobs in the oilfields with no qualifications in the area or anything like that?

Do you really need to have a plan in mind before you go is basically what Im asking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

So are you thinking of emigrating or just a working holiday visa?

It would definitely be best to have a plan in mind, otherwise you'd just be more than likely working in dead-end jobs with no real prospects.

The oil industry in Alberta has seen a major decline. There would be no chance of scoring a high paying job as a temporary foreign worker with no relevant qualifications. Not sure about other sectors though.

Good luck though.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Advertisement