Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tall ranges for men

Options
  • 01-06-2016 5:07pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My husband is 6'3 with a long torso. He can find jeans just fine, but shirts and t-shirts tend to be short in the torso and arms. Are there any good Tall lines for men around?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Pah! He's a midget. :) 6'5" here.

I find for plain t shirts, Topman are pretty good for length, and you can get two nice slim tees for €15. H&M too, they can be a bit more hit and miss though.

For more printed t shirts, Hurley, Vans, and Element would have good length in the L or XL sizes. You can get them in Tribe in Stephen's Green, the Vans shop, and often in TK Maxx.

For work shirts, try TM Lewin. They do a slim fitting shirt which is plenty long, never becomes untucked, and the sleeve lengths are long. I usually go for a 36 sleeve but you can go longer. You can order them online at http://www.tmlewinshirts.eu/.

I don't wear many casual shirts but I got a nice one in Selected Homme in Dundrum the other week. It was a good length and fit. I usually will roll the sleeves so not too concerned about the length on a casual shirt, but they were fine.

Penguin shirts are OK too, can be a bit hit and miss but it depends on the cut and the style.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭anon71

I've bought some shirts for my OH from Kingzize.ie. More so for his width than height but I think they do clothes for tall men also. Found the service very good. I think they have a store as well,possibly in Galway but not 100% sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

There is a special shop for tall men in Goatstown. This is their website I think http://www.mrbigmenswear.ie/default.asp?cookiecheck=yes&

Also just checked Asos, and they have an "oversize and longline" section in their mens clothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

There is a special shop for tall men in Goatstown. This is their website I think http://www.mrbigmenswear.ie/default.asp?cookiecheck=yes&

Also just checked Asos, and they have an "oversize and longline" section in their mens clothing.

Be careful though, "longline" means something else - it's a particular style, not just a long t shirt. Well it is a long t shirt, but you know what I mean. It's extra long - like a skirt. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Part of the problem is that he's also very lean, so he wears a medium in shirts and t-shirts. Larger sizes hang off him and look silly! Thanks for the tips so far :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

My tall friend only wears Tommy Hilfiger shirts as they are longer in the sleeves and body than other brands. He has big shoulders too but worth a try.

Advertisement