Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension claim and disability

Options
  • 01-06-2016 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hoping someone can help me. My wife has a claim in for disability allowance, she's awaiting a decision. In the meantime she claimed a lump sum from a pension of under 20,000. We have sent details to the da section. I'm wondering what kind of an income this pension would be seen as? It was a one off payment with no further monies or income coming in.
    Will it affect the da claim

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭wokingvoter

Hoping someone can help me. My wife has a claim in for disability allowance, she's awaiting a decision. In the meantime she claimed a lump sum from a pension of under 20,000. We have sent details to the da section. I'm wondering what kind of an income this pension would be seen as? It was a one off payment with no further monies or income coming in.
    Will it affect the da claim

Your wife could have 50000 without it affecting her claim. You did the right thing in informing them.

Advertisement