Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Script/Program to log into a website and report back

Options
  • 31-05-2016 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hello,

Hopefully I'm posting in the correct thread here.

I want to create a little program or script to log into multiple Three internet accounts and report back how much data I have left and when my credit expires etc.
    I have some web design experience so just some direction to get me started might be enough. Also if I could be able to setup automated emails when my data allowance gets low etc that would be great.

Any help or direction much appreciated.

https://my3account.three.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

What languages do you know?

If Java, take a look at jSoup which can parse a HTML file returned from a server.

It's pretty easy to use once you get the hang of how it parses the DOM. Use Firebug to figure out how the site's page is structured.

Google something like "jSoup login" to get started on how to log in programmatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kgpixels

I don't know any languages. Just gave some web design experience is all.

I've been trying to do this in excel using macros and web query's, but its tough going!

Thanks for the suggestions. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Cork981

kgpixels wrote: »
    I don't know any languages. Just gave some web design experience is all.

I've been trying to do this in excel using macros and web query's, but its tough going!

Thanks for the suggestions. . .

Hi,

You should take a look at selenium.

Very good tool for browser automation.

http://www.seleniumhq.org

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I don't see any available Developer API. Would you not consider learning Python or Java?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

If you are scraping you should consider Morph.io which was the original scraperwiki I believe. It will run you're program for you, and it supports Nodejs, I'm guessing you have some JavaScript exposure. Even if you don't use it google it and read some of the articles about it - they'll help you get to where you need to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Did you check if the door are open? ;-)

http://serverfault.com/questions/698147/using-curl-with-cookies

Important: "on a side note the Chrome web developer toolkit network tab has an automatic save web request as curl command option."

I don't use three or Chrome, so I didn't test it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

I have an android app here that will log-in and parse the pages for 3 Prepay users. You can steal the java code from here if you like.

Advertisement