Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open university - Using northern Ireland address

Options
  • 31-05-2016 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

This is probably a silly question but it's so much cheaper to do this from Northern Ireland.
    What would you need to have apart from a Northern Irish address?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

A taste for risk, doing this a few weeks before the Brexit referendum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭wally79

Speedwell wrote: »
    A taste for risk, doing this a few weeks before the Brexit referendum.

I don't think the op is proposing moving north but rather if they had access to a northern address do open university have any other criteria they would need to meet to avail of the cheaper rates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

wally79 wrote: »
    I don't think the op is proposing moving north but rather if they had access to a northern address do open university have any other criteria they would need to meet to avail of the cheaper rates

NI Number I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

wally79 wrote: »

I know what he meant. For the moment, the OU will allow you to have an Ireland address and register in Belfast or Derry as your "administrative location" if it is more convenient to you to go there for tests and things. Presumably the opposite is true as well; you could register with a Northern Irish address and request, say, Dublin as your administrative center. But if the UK leaves the EU, it might no longer be possible. Right now as far as I know (being an OU student myself) it is the common membership in the EU that allows this. I was unable to enroll in the OU when I was a US resident.

Advertisement