Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting 3rd level

Options
  • 31-05-2016 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

I'm hoping to do Commerce (accounting) in NUIG in September. My question is, is accounting in 3rd level much different to LC accounting? I really enjoy accounting and I'm currently repeating the LC. However, I'm struggling and always have struggled with HL maths and I've read there is a module on "Mathematics and Statistics for Business" which has really thrown me off. I also have only done JC Business and am wondering, would you need to be fluent in these subjects to do well in this module and the other business modules?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

LordHypnos wrote: »
    I'm hoping to do Commerce (accounting) in NUIG in September. My question is, is accounting in 3rd level much different to LC accounting? I really enjoy accounting and I'm currently repeating the LC. However, I'm struggling and always have struggled with HL maths and I've read there is a module on "Mathematics and Statistics for Business" which has really thrown me off. I also have only done JC Business and am wondering, would you need to be fluent in these subjects to do well in this module and the other business modules?

Hi OP, I'm doing BESS in tcd (just finished 1st year) so won't be doing any accounting modules until next year so can't help there. We had to do a maths and stats module this year and I found it to be pretty horrific. I got an A2 in OL maths for LC so didn't think I'd struggle so much with it! Granted I did take a few years out between LC and college so it might be easier when you're just going from one straight to the next!

I did do LC business so not too sure on that one but I can't imagine you'd have any hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LordHypnos

Hi OP, I'm doing BESS in tcd (just finished 1st year) so won't be doing any accounting modules until next year so can't help there. We had to do a maths and stats module this year and I found it to be pretty horrific. I got an A2 in OL maths for LC so didn't think I'd struggle so much with it! Granted I did take a few years out between LC and college so it might be easier when you're just going from one straight to the next!

I did do LC business so not too sure on that one but I can't imagine you'd have any hassle

cheers for the reply

Advertisement