Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

would you hire your classic car??

Options
  • 30-05-2016 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

just looking to know if there is anyone out there who would consider hiring their vintage/ classic vehicle for photography or filming purposes? it would be a great additional revenue stream, i know of a company in the UK doing it was wondering had anyone thought about it if there was a platform available to allow you to provide such a service. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭Silvera

I've mulled-over the idea, but I'd be a bit wary as you dont know what sort of driver(s) would be using (abusing?) your classic. If it was a case of me driving it in the background of a film/advert shoot, or static parking, that would be different.

Then there is the question of insurance cover?!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭pryantcc

I would if it was me driving it or if I got to supervise on set. I'd want to be sure of compensation in case of any damage too!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 kevin212

Interesting so there would seem to be a market for such a platform certainly with an owner driver situation, and additonal insurance for damages in the event of an accident or scrape. would this then bring on an option for wedding/ corporate hire or is chauffeur/taxi license a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭pryantcc

kevin212 wrote: »
    Would this then bring on an option for wedding/ corporate hire or is chauffeur/taxi license a problem?

In theory you should be declaring the income and paying tax on it, I guess. I'm not familiar with the regulations around hiring a vehicle for reward and whether or not there's an exception for older cars. I'd be similarly interested occasional wedding work. I'd be picky about which ones I took on though.
    Any subscription to such a platform would have to be either dirt cheap for me or based on a % of the income generated.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 kevin212

with a simple facebook integration this would give you the ability to see exactly who was booking the service which could be handy for vetting your clients. what if there was no subscription and only a cost when a booking was made? say 7-10% then its a no win no fee solution! i was inquiring about limo licence and there is some exception to vehicles pre 1980

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I would imagine that if in the event of an accident and claim you're insurance company would be very interested in the fact that you were receiving payment from the passengers.

Advertisement