Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on Blanchardstown Centre Staff?

Options
  • 30-05-2016 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

What are you experiences with the different staff from the different stores?

I find the staff in Dunnes can be very rude, like their minds are everywhere else but on the customer. And Foot Locker hardly service you, I find they're always too busy talking to each other to notice a customer is actually there. Carphone Warehouse have great staff, I find.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Hey there Mr Blue, welcome to boards. We had a thread on this very subject a couple of years ago (here) if you want to see it, but since the shops & staff change regularly there's no harm in a new one.
    I'd just ask people not to identify individuals specifically, that's not really fair, so keep it general .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Staff in Eddie Rockets are 100%! Likewise with Pennys, Quiz and Debenhams.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I don't shop in Dunnes in Blanch unless absolutely necessary any more. Too many issues with obnoxious members of staff. I actually tried to complain about it using the online form on the website (I was so annoyed that I just left so I didn't complain in the shop) but there was a character restriction so I couldn't convey my annoyance enough and gave up.

The staff in The Body Shop, Tiger and the odd member of staff in Debenhams are great. And M&S too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

What I find funny in shops in general, is narky staff.

I hate dealing with people, you know what Ill get a job dealing with people

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

jeffk wrote: »
    What I find funny in shops in general, is narky staff.

I hate dealing with people, you know what Ill get a job dealing with people

I was thinking about it recently and I can't figure out why shops employ miserable people. Or keep them on once they figure out they're miserable. When I worked in M&S the training was very much focused on customer service. They didn't hire people who weren't willing to smile and be friendly. I don't understand why other shops don't seem to care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

I was thinking about it recently and I can't figure out why shops employ miserable people. Or keep them on once they figure out they're miserable. When I worked in M&S the training was very much focused on customer service. They didn't hire people who weren't willing to smile and be friendly. I don't understand why other shops don't seem to care.

I suppose you cant sack them for being miserable, send them to the stores or away from customers and hope they leave

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ShannonHS

I don't shop in Dunnes in Blanch unless absolutely necessary any more. Too many issues with obnoxious members of staff. I actually tried to complain about it using the online form on the website (I was so annoyed that I just left so I didn't complain in the shop) but there was a character restriction so I couldn't convey my annoyance enough and gave up.

The staff in The Body Shop, Tiger and the odd member of staff in Debenhams are great. And M&S too.

I actually had a problem with dunnes and emailed them about it and they sent me a €10 gift voucher as a good gesture. So I went to use it.. Nothing on it 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭miss misty

:confused:That's hilarious.... miserable people...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Eddie rockets excellent!

Both staff in the suit section Debenham and in M&S were rubbish recently. Hello do you want a sale or not???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I don't agree on the whole staff are good/bad in a particular store as they all have good and bad. I was in the suit section in Debenhams last week getting something and there was a guy getting fitted and the employee was pretty good at his job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I'm kind of not sure what the merit is of this survey either. It's too broad sweeping and generalised to give any meaningful feedback. It's like asking what do people think of the housewives of Lucan or the teachers of Balbriggan or the bin collectors of Swords? Yes, you are going to get some fantastic people and deplorable people. Even within each shop in the centre, you are could get great staff and rude staff. I could have an awful encounter with one staff member in Dunnes but is it fair or accurate to tarnish every staff member there as a result by saying Dunnes staff are rude (ie all 250 of them that work there)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

ongarboy wrote: »
    I'm kind of not sure what the merit is of this survey either. It's too broad sweeping and generalised to give any meaningful feedback. It's like asking what do people think of the housewives of Lucan or the teachers of Balbriggan or the bin collectors of Swords? Yes, you are going to get some fantastic people and deplorable people. Even within each shop in the centre, you are could get great staff and rude staff. I could have an awful encounter with one staff member in Dunnes but is it fair or accurate to tarnish every staff member there as a result by saying Dunnes staff are rude (ie all 250 of them that work there)?

In my opinion, the housewives of Lucan are great :D

But I agree with ongarboy, I've had good and bad service in many of the stores in Blanch, depends who's working, depends on time of day

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭JackHeuston

Always friendly at Eddie Rocket's. At McDonald's on the other hand they do their job, but it's kinda annoying having to yell your order to an easily distracted person while 3/4 of the kitchen is laughing and yelling and playing around especially on busy hours.

Cashiers at Penneys are excellent :D:D:D

I had to buy a few things in Dunnes a couple of times, and I have to agree with your opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I tend to not really notice the staff in any of the stores (which is a good thing IMO, hate staff falling over to 'assist me' when I dont need it), if I need assistance I'll go & get it, don't really remember anyone being sufficiently poor at this for me to memorise it, certainly had no bad experiences, not that I can recall anyway. Some are friendlier than others, but you get thta in all walks of life... if you've a legitimate complaint, make it in the store itself or mark it up to experience & dont shop there again or suchlike.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Kai123

I've no issue with the Dunnes Store but the deli is pretty bad. I feel stupid complaining about it but having worked in one years ago, it was ran and organised to serve customers first and prep in the downtime.

PC World staff can be like pests sometimes and wont leave you alone. I actually had one take a keyboard I was buying as I was walking down to pay for it, sat at the little desk and asked me for my name. I told him I wasn't interested but he said he needed it for me to process the order. Had to be stern just to get it back to go down and pay for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Kai123 wrote: »
    I
    PC World staff can be like pests sometimes and wont leave you alone. I actually had one take a keyboard I was buying as I was walking down to pay for it, sat at the little desk and asked me for my name. I told him I wasn't interested but he said he needed it for me to process the order. Had to be stern just to get it back to go down and pay for it.

I had that as well. He told me they needed my name/email address for the warranty. Complete bulls***.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Can't say I've ever had a bad experience with staff in blanch, agree that the PC World staff are quite annoying but at the end of the day they're most likely only doing what management tells them so it's hard to be annoyed at them.

Advertisement