Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only employed for one week in last year, am I paying too much PRSI?

Options
  • 30-05-2016 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I only had one week of employment this year, I have been emergency taxed as I had no P60 to hand in but know I can reclaim this. I was paid a lump sum of 1800 and therefore my PRSI was 265.50.

I am still unemployed, I know PRSI is meant to be a week by week basis, but is there anyway to claim back some of the money, as this is all the money I have earned this year?

Thanks for any help you might be able to give!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,740 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

is there anyway to claim back some of the money, as this is all the money I have earned this year?

Yes.

But not 'til next year: " Applications for refunds cannot be made earlier than the last day of the contribution year in respect of which the contributions were paid."

Read all about it: http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/PRSI---PRSI-Refunds-Section.aspx#4

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rugbysquared

Thank you! Sorry for inane question!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Its unlikely you paid 265.50 PRSI on a lump sum of 1800.00 as an employee

Edit
    Actually looking at it again I see now .

Your employer paid 10.75% and you paid 4% which brings total to 265.50

Advertisement