Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will a DSL to Ethernet adapter work for a new router?

Options
  • 30-05-2016 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Alright lads. Looking to buy a new router as vodafones router is a hape. I have a DSL that connects to the vodafone router but the new ones im looking at doesnt have a DSL port so if I got an DSL/Ethernet adapter would that work? if not what do I need to do?

Second Q: any recomendations on a good router under €100? Been looking at the linkys EA6100 or the TP Link Archer C7 aC1750..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Nope, you cant just adapt the connection.

If you have Vodafone Fibre then you need a VDSL unit and there arent many that work at full speed and are cheap, so best option is to bridge the Vodafone unit and use it in conjunction with your new router.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jdunne08

ED E wrote: »
    Nope, you cant just adapt the connection.

If you have Vodafone Fibre then you need a VDSL unit and there arent many that work at full speed and are cheap, so best option is to bridge the Vodafone unit and use it in conjunction with your new router.

I dont even have VF Fibre, only basic broadband (10 Down / 1 Up). So if I bridged the VF unit to lets say the TP LINK Archer C7 would that like restrict the speed of the Archer C7 because the VF unit isnt great to begin with?

the VF unit i have is theHG658c and its fairly bad for how many devices and people use it.

Advertisement