Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with suede handbag!

Options
  • 30-05-2016 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

http://eu.riverisland.com/women/bags--purses/satchels/beige-faux-suede-mini-satchel-handbag-675626

I borrowed this from my sister yesterday and minded it so well! Was so careful not to spill anything on it but when I arrived home last night I noticed the suede part of the back is now all black from the dye in my new black jeans rubbing against it! Does anyone have any tips on how to clean a suede handbag? Or is it a lost cause and I need to get her a new one??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I don't have an advice except maybe try baby wipes. But bag is not suede in case you are looking for advice online, it's manmade material so maybe search for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 CassieLyons

I agree with meeeeh, try baby wipes. If it doesn't come off with that they yes you probably do need to get her a new one. Try googling how to clean faux suede and see if there's any options there that you could try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Thanks guys! I'll need to pop out tomorrow and get some baby wipes to try. I really don't mind buying her a replacement bag because I know I'll use the one I accidentally marked because the damage is on the back that wouldn't be on show.

Note of warning to everyone the dye from Penneys €8 black jeggings will rub off on to handbags!

Advertisement