Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish Jersey

Options
  • 30-05-2016 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Personally, I do not like the red in the middle of the logo. I believe the style is fine but the red looks a little bit garish against the green. I would be in the market for a new one but will wait....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

i39p4cH.png

much better like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I like it personally. But I really didn't like the last one so anything was going to be an improvement for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rick Martel

The red symbol and luminous stripes are shocking. Shame, the jersey is solid apart otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

The white logo looks much better than the Christmas tree with bauble effect of the real thing, but you can understand Vodafone wanting their brand to actually stick out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

i like the red in the logo. all green looks to plain.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,531 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The Dublin GAA jersey suffered from the exact same problem during the time they were sponsored by Vodafone. The colours don't look well together.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

wp_rathead wrote: »
    i39p4cH.png

much better like this

i'd buy that.

Won't be buying the gash coloured logo. I hate coloured logos on jerseys.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

The neon green stripe OR the red logo might work individually, but I think they look very weird together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Anything is better than the puma jerseys were...

I'd agree, one or the other with the red/bright green would have been better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I would like to see the new alternates though, training kits etc. I barely ever buy the actual team jerseys anyway as they're built for more...athletic types than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I'd like to see a no sponsored option (not counting WC years) I'd pay an extra couple of quid for it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

razorblunt wrote: »
    I'd like to see a no sponsored option (not counting WC years) I'd pay an extra couple of quid for it too.

It's a pity we don't offer that. Other teams do.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

.ak wrote: »
    It's a pity we don't offer that. Other teams do.

I think there's a gap there for sure.
    I've definitely moved into the lifestage of "I'm not paying to be a glorified sandwich board" when it comes to branding.

I'll wait to see the training gear too, I know some of the 3 logos were crest size on the previous versions, with a bit of luck it's same again with decent options.

Advertisement