Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a Caravan

Options
  • 29-05-2016 11:33pm
    Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi folks, I've been after a caravan for a long time now, finally I have funds to purchase a used one and can start living the dream..

Any one more in the know than me, may be able to point me in the right direction,

A few requirements by herself,

5 berth

Double bed

Shower

Round seating area

8k to spend, would stretch more if needed.

My ideal would be a Hobby Landhaus but they don't seem to be any in Ireland and very few even in UK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Betsy Og

We have an Adria Adora 612 UP, similar to this one (even though it says 4 berth) http://www.practicalcaravan.com/forsale/37786-adria-adora-2006

I think you buy a copy of Practical Caravan or scour the website, it has a section in the back which shows all the different layout and which of them are offered by what model. The go searching on boards.ie/caravanfinder etc

Just found the layouts on caravan finder http://www.caravanfinder.co.uk/caravan_layouts.html?berth=6

I take it when you say "double bed" you mean a "fixed bed" as they are called, as opposed to a double made up by extending the couches. That Adria was the first of those so your cheapest option to get into that format. Newer caravans now have a traverse fixed bed (going sideways across the caravan), but not sure they are within budget as are probably newer.

Beware twin axle - allegedly some sites not too keen. Part of the whole towing with a van, hobby/tabbert side of life IFKWIM.

In general dont be afraid of an older model, ours is 2007 and "perfect" - as it nothing wrong with it. They do drop value a bit like cars but in terms of use/utility there is no great different, so I'd buy better spec/bigger etc but older, as opposed to paying a premium for newer. Just watch out for damp & bouncy floor (delamination), other than that you shouldnt have any horror stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,508 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

If you can get one with a motor mover. Handy on some of the tighter sites.

Advertisement