Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile app and desktop app interaction

Options
  • 29-05-2016 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

This is a bit of a vague question, sorry about that. I've only made simple programs so far, like a basic flight booking program with a database.

I'm trying to develop an application just for the sake of learning. I'm using a framework to develop the part of the application that runs on a PC. It actually runs through browser so it might be able to be accessed by mobile phones too, but what I'm wondering is:
    The main application is developed in C#, if I develop a mobile app(probably java?) to work alongside this program, is all the interaction between the app and the application only through the database?

It seems to me like this is all the interaction they would need, but I'm just wondering if this is the normal way of doing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

If the desktop app is the main backend and works through a browser, then I'm assuming you're a local server hosting the project?

Can you host this app on a server somewhere and access it?

If so, I'd consider exposing an API from the C# project that any app can consume. This way any language can interact with it easily

Advertisement