Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting MJ Nordic Pine Windows

Options
  • 29-05-2016 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have MJ Nordic Pine windows in the house, about 10 yrs old, and the finish needs some work.
    They currently have the original Sikkens Cetol Filter 7. The colour is 'Antique Pine', but was always a bit more 'orange' than we really wanted.
    Could I overpaint them with Sadolin Superdec, or something similar?
    How much preparation would be needed?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

johnb25 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have MJ Nordic Pine windows in the house, about 10 yrs old, and the finish needs some work.
    They currently have the original Sikkens Cetol Filter 7. The colour is 'Antique Pine', but was always a bit more 'orange' than we really wanted.
    Could I overpaint them with Sadolin Superdec, or something similar?
    How much preparation would be needed?

Thanks.

Any thoughts anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Post some pictures, as prep is key

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

Attached are a couple of shots of south facing patio doors. These are the most damaged from the sun, and applying the Cetol 7 stain has patched the colour.
    The finish is not glossy, so was wondering if I could just remove any loose material, get to a sound base, and then apply Sadolin paint.
    iYyUPF4
    pifYNV9
    IrMDaAv

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I'd use the Sikkens Cetol 7 again but maybe go for the 085 Teak finish? Strip back to bare wood and then Use Sikkens CLS first two coats with a very light sand between coats, then topcoat with Cetol 7

Advertisement