Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Angelas: BSC General Nursing

Options
  • 28-05-2016 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi there

Apologies if Ive misposted but I couldnt find any St Angelas subforums in the third level board.

Im wondering if anyone could shed some light on the BSC degree in St Angelas.

Im applying as a mature student for 17/18 and I was wondering what the booklist is like and potentially if anyone could let me know what equipment is necessary for the course?

Anyone with an idea of a breakdown of the timetable either would be a great help.

Thanks in advance!!

C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nes_97

Hi,

The booklist for first year were essential's of anatomy and physiology 11th edition by Elaine N.Marieb, oxford's nursing dictionary, medical surgical nursing patient centred collaborative care by Ignatavicius workman, nursing diagnosis handbook by Betty J.Ackley and Gail B.Ladwig and nursing research by Kader Paharoo. You don't have to go and purchase the books yourself though, once you pay for them on the registration day they are given to you. In regards to equipment you also pay on registration day for a green scrub top used for practicing clinical skills in the lab and uniforms for on placement are also provided. You will need to buy your own fob watch and appropriate shoes though for on placement. Timetables for each course are available to look at on the St.Angela's website. Hope this helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 crsf88

nes_97 wrote: »
    Hi,

The booklist for first year were essential's of anatomy and physiology 11th edition by Elaine N.Marieb, oxford's nursing dictionary, medical surgical nursing patient centred collaborative care by Ignatavicius workman, nursing diagnosis handbook by Betty J.Ackley and Gail B.Ladwig and nursing research by Kader Paharoo. You don't have to go and purchase the books yourself though, once you pay for them on the registration day they are given to you. In regards to equipment you also pay on registration day for a green scrub top used for practicing clinical skills in the lab and uniforms for on placement are also provided. You will need to buy your own fob watch and appropriate shoes though for on placement. Timetables for each course are available to look at on the St.Angela's website. Hope this helped.

This has helped tremendously!

Ive bought myself a fob watch and a stethoscope among other bits and pieces just to have a bit of a starting kit going. Ill pick a pair of decent shoes for placement though. Thanks again youve been a huge help.

Advertisement